Set includes 2 turrets with barrels.
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Nevada BB-36 (1941)
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Nevada BB-36 (1944)
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Oklahoma BB-37 (1941)
The Nevada class ships were fit with 2 twin 14"/45 cal. turrets in superfiring positions and 2 triple turrets just above the main deck. These models represent superfiring twin turrets #2 and #3 as they appeared from the mid-1930s through World War Two, including the attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7th, 1941. Triple 14"/45 cal. turrets are available separately.
- accurately dimensioned and scaled from official US Navy "Booklet of General Plans: USS Oklahoma BB-37" dated 21 August 1934
- details confirmed from careful study of photographs of the actual turrets
- to-scale thickness of glacis
- properly shaped gun openings
- correctly shaped buckler (bloomer/blastbag) attachment collars on glacis
- bolthead and rooftop screwhead detail
- barrels printed separately as one unit to permit the modeler to select any elevation from -5 degrees to +30 degrees, just like the real guns
- trunnion accurately positioned within the gunhouse according to US Navy O.P. 1112 providing a correct center of rotation
These 3D-printed acrylic parts are original designs, accurately representing features of the actual ship based on authoritative plans. They are not 3D-printed copies of plastic or resin kit parts and therefore may be shaped and sized differently. Some adjustment to your plastic or resin kit's parts or other aftermarket parts such as photo-etch or wood decks may be necessary for best fit.
© Model Monkey LLC. This 3D-printed product may not be copied or recast.