Recommended to help build USS Portland CA-33 from:
- Academy 1/350 scale USS Indianapolis CA-35
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Indianapolis CA-35 (1945)
- Trumpeter 1/350 scale USS Indianapolis CA-35 (1944)
- Trumpeter 1/350 scale USS Indianapolis CA-35 (1945)
- Yankee Modelworks 1/350 scale USS Indianapolis CA-35 (1945)
This Aft Superstructure model helps convert your 1/350 scale USS Indianapolis model kit to one of the US Navy's most decorated warships, USS Portland CA-33, as she appeared during crucial Pacific battles fought during the summer of 1942, Coral Seaand Midway.
This part has been designed to be adapted to any 1/350 USS Indianapolis kit. Depending on which plastic kit you own, some modification to this part and/or the kit's parts will be necessary for best fit. Acrylic plastic is very brittle. Care is advised during adjustment.
- keyed to precisely fit the the Lower Anti-aircraft Deck (available separately)
- accurate porthole, door and other detail placement consistent with photos of the actual ship
- accurate A/T 4-panel door and flat door types and placement
- rain deflector detail
- integrated bulklhead-mounted antenna lead insulator details
- two equipment lockers with subtle, raised doors
- large intake vents left open, ready for PE screen (not included)
- 20mm Oerlikon postion with thin, circular splinter shield
- slightly raised pedestal for the ship's boat crane (not included)
Click here for a 1/350 scale USS Indianapolis to USS Portland conversion tutorial.
Model Monkey USS Portland CA-33 (1942) conversion parts:
- 1/350 USS Portland CA-33 Forward Superstructure, 1942
- 1/350 USS Portland CA-33 Forward Funnel and Aircraft Handling Deck, 1942
- 1/350 USS Portland CA-33 Aft Funnel and Upper Anti-Aircraft Deck, 1942
- 1/350 USS Portland CA-33 Lower Anti-Aircraft Deck, 1942
- 1/350 USS Portland CA-33 Aft Superstructure, 1942
- 1/350 USS Portland CA-33 Aft Oerlikon Gun Tubs, 1942
- 1/350 8"/55 cal. Turrets - for USS Indianapolis CA-35, USS Portland CA-33 and Northampton class
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.