Recommended to help build USS Portland CA-33 from:
- Academy 1/350 scale USS Indianapolis CA-35
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Indianapolis CA-35 (1945)
- Trumpeter 1/350 scale USS Indianapolis CA-35 (1944)
- Trumpeter 1/350 scale USS Indianapolis CA-35 (1945)
- Yankee Modelworks 1/350 scale USS Indianapolis CA-35 (1945)
This set of four Aft 20mm Oerlkon Tubs helps convert your 1/350 scale USS Indianapolis model kit to one of the US Navy's most decorated warships, USS Portland CA-33 as she appeared during crucial Pacific battles fought during the summer of 1942, Coral Sea and Midway.
This part has been designed to be adapted to any 1/350 USS Indianapolis kit. Depending on which plastic kit you own, some modification to this part and/or the kit's parts will be necessary for best fit. Acrylic plastic is very brittle. Care is advised during adjustment.
- Turret Three 20mm Oerlikon tub designed to conform to the turret's roof
- smaller 20mm Oerlikon tubs compliment the Aft Superstructure (available separately) and straddle it
- large, boxy splinter shield for two 20mm Oerlikons placed on the fantail
- install two 20mm Oerlikon ready service ammunition lockers (included) in each tub (see the drawings in the photo carousel for precise positions)
Click here for a 1/350 scale USS Indianapolis to USS Portland conversion tutorial.
Model Monkey USS Portland CA-33 (1942) conversion parts:
- 1/350 USS Portland CA-33 Forward Superstructure, 1942
- 1/350 USS Portland CA-33 Forward Funnel and Aircraft Handling Deck, 1942
- 1/350 USS Portland CA-33 Aft Funnel and Upper Anti-Aircraft Deck, 1942
- 1/350 USS Portland CA-33 Lower Anti-Aircraft Deck, 1942
- 1/350 USS Portland CA-33 Aft Superstructure, 1942
- 1/350 USS Portland CA-33 Aft Oerlikon Gun Tubs, 1942
- 1/350 8"/55 cal. Turrets - for USS Indianapolis CA-35, USS Portland CA-33 and Northampton class
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.