Recommended to help build USS Portland CA-33 from:
- Academy 1/350 scale USS Indianapolis CA-35
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Indianapolis CA-35 (1945)
- Trumpeter 1/350 scale USS Indianapolis CA-35 (1944)
- Trumpeter 1/350 scale USS Indianapolis CA-35 (1945)
- Yankee Modelworks 1/350 scale USS Indianapolis CA-35 (1945)
This Aircraft Handling Deck and Forward Funnel model helps convert any 1/350 USS Indianapolis model kit to one of the US Navy's most decorated warships, USS Portland CA-33, as she appeared during crucial Pacific battles fought during the summer of 1942, Coral Sea and Midway.
This deck has been designed to be adapted to any 1/350 USS Indianapolis kit. The deck has been intentionally designed slightly wider than scale permitting the modeler to gently trim/sand the deck sides to fit the modeler's plastic kit's hull (not included). Depending on which plastic kit you own, some modification to this part and/or the kit's parts will be necessary for best fit. Acrylic plastic is very brittle. Care is advised during adjustment.
- correct funnel and steam pipes for USS Portland
- planked deck of the proper length, camber (arch) and shear (slope)
- two aircraft catapult pedestal towers, correct for USS Portland
- vent openings designed open, ready for PE or mesh screen inserted from inside
- double deck hatch with scuttles, hinges and dogs details
- lower tripod legs designed to meet and match the forward superstructure (available separately)
- correct style, four-panel A/T doors in the closed position with chevron-shaped rain deflectors above
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
Model Monkey USS Portland CA-33 (1942) conversion parts:
- 1/350 USS Portland CA-33 Forward Superstructure, 1942
- 1/350 USS Portland CA-33 Forward Funnel and Aircraft Handling Deck, 1942
- 1/350 USS Portland CA-33 Aft Funnel and Upper Anti-Aircraft Deck, 1942
- 1/350 USS Portland CA-33 Lower Anti-Aircraft Deck, 1942
- 1/350 USS Portland CA-33 Aft Superstructure, 1942
- 1/350 USS Portland CA-33 Aft Oerlikon Gun Tubs, 1942
- 1/350 8"/55 cal. Turrets - for USS Indianapolis CA-35, USS Portland CA-33 and Northampton class