Recommended to help build USS Portland CA-33 from:
- Academy 1/350 scale USS Indianapolis CA-35
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Indianapolis CA-35 (1945)
- Trumpeter 1/350 scale USS Indianapolis CA-35 (1944)
- Trumpeter 1/350 scale USS Indianapolis CA-35 (1945)
- Yankee Modelworks 1/350 scale USS Indianapolis CA-35 (1945)
This Aft, Lower Anti-aircraft Deck model helps convert your 1/350 USS Indianapolis model kit to one of the US Navy's most decorated warships, USS Portland CA-33, as she appeared during crucial Pacific battles fought during the summer of 1942, Coral Sea and Midway.
This deck has been designed to be adapted to any 1/350 USS Indianapolis kit. Depending on which plastic kit you own, some modification to this part and/or the kit's parts will be necessary for best fit.
- planked, cambered deck, extents matching photos of the actual ship
- 5" ready service lockers with subtle, raised heat radiators
- accurate, asymmetrical deck vents with proper rain deflectors
- accurately shaped main battery director with entrance vestibule with proper 4-panel door
- raised whaleboat platform between service lockers and vents
- accurate splinter shielding shape with conical "dimples" on the aft sides
- accurately shaped incinerator with trash door and slot for exhaust pipe (pipe not included)
- raised 1.1" "Chicago Piano" tubs with splinter shielding shape and rib details consistent with photos
- slightly raised pedestals for 5"/25 AA mounts (mounts not included)
Click here for a 1/350 scale USS Indianapolis to USS Portland conversion tutorial.
Model Monkey USS Portland CA-33 (1942) conversion parts:
- 1/350 USS Portland CA-33 Forward Superstructure, 1942
- 1/350 USS Portland CA-33 Forward Funnel and Aircraft Handling Deck, 1942
- 1/350 USS Portland CA-33 Aft Funnel and Upper Anti-Aircraft Deck, 1942
- 1/350 USS Portland CA-33 Lower Anti-Aircraft Deck, 1942
- 1/350 USS Portland CA-33 Aft Superstructure, 1942
- 1/350 USS Portland CA-33 Aft Oerlikon Gun Tubs, 1942
- 1/350 8"/55 cal. Turrets - for USS Indianapolis CA-35, USS Portland CA-33 and Northampton class
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.