- Classic Warships 1/350 scale USS Tennessee BB-43 (1941)
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Tennessee BB-43 (1941)
This model represents the 01 level 5"/51 cal. gun casemate and boat deck of the battleship USS Tennessee BB-43 as it appeared on the morning of December 7th, 1941 while anchored at Pearl Harbor on "Battleship Row".
- details and deck shapes benefit from study of high-resolution photos of USS Tennessee BB-43 obtained from the National Archives
- accurately shaped splinter shielding for December 7th, 1941
- fully planked boat deck with recessed grooves (boats not included)
- deck-edge waterway in proper locations
- open casemate 5"/51 gun positions (5"/51 cal. guns not included)
- interior casemate bulkheads
- open portholes
- detailed doors with dogs, rub-plates and condition "Z" placards, correctly positioned
- accurately shaped, sized and detailed 5" ready service ammunition lockers properly positioned
- accurately shaped, sized, and detailed boat deck skylights properly positioned
- accurately positioned openings for funnel "smoke pipes" and boat cranes (funnels and cranes not included)
- cutout for 14"/45 cal. triple-gun Turret #2 barbette diameter = 28 mm
Note: resin kits normally experience minor shrinkage or other distortion as the resin cures. This 3D-printed model does not experience shrinkage. Therefore some adjustment to your resin kit's parts, or this model, may be necessary for best fit.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
- USS Tennessee BB-43 fighting tops
- 14"/50 cal. Tennessee class Triple-gun Turrets
- 14"/50 cal. Barrels
- 14"/50 cal. Trunnions
- Mk.19 Directors
- 5"/25 cal. Ready Service Ammunition Lockers