Set includes 4 turrets. Barrels available separately.
- Blue Water Navy 1/350 scale USS California BB-44 (1941) - built as USS Tennessee BB-43
- Classic Warships 1/350 scale USS Tennessee BB-43 (1941)
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS California BB-44 (1941) - built as USS Tennessee BB-43
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Tennessee BB-43 (1941)
- Iron Shipwrights 1/350 scale USS Tennessee BB-43 (1944 - with additional parts for USS California and USS West Virginia)
This set of three-gun turrets (more properly called "gunhouses") represents the enormous 14"/50 caliber main battery of battleships USS Tennessee BB-43 as she appeared throughout her service life, and USS California BB-44 as she appeared from 1943-1945. They are nearly identical to the gunhouses of the preceding New Mexico class battleships, differing only in the shape of the armored rangefinder hoods.
A set of turrets for USS California BB-43 as she appeared from 1921-1941 (no external vent trunks) is available separately.
These 3D-printed acrylic parts are designed to accurately represent features of the real turret based on official US Navy drawings. These turrets are not 3D-printed copies of any plastic or resin kit's parts and therefore may be shaped and sized differently than those parts. Some adjustment to your plastic kit's parts or other aftermarket parts such as photoetch or wood decks may be necessary for best fit.
- closed armored rangefinder viewport shutters
- rooftop screwheads acurately sized, numbered and located
- armored rangefinder hexhead bolt and screw details
- bases for rooftop periscopes
- accurately sized and shaped ventilation trunks for Turrets 1, 2 and 4. Turret 3, the aft superfiring turret, did not have external vent trunks
- barrels, available separately, are grouped on a trunnion matched to these turrets to allow the modeler to set the position of the barrels to any realistic elevation from +30 degrees to -5 degrees, just like the real turrets
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
- 1/350 USS Tennessee BB-43 and USS California BB-44 Fighting Tops, 1921 - 1934
- 1/350 USS Tennessee BB-43 and USS California BB-44 Fighting Tops, 1935 - 1941
- Cage Masts (foremast + mainmast) - for Tennessee class and Colorado class
- Cage Foremast - for Tennessee class and Colorado class
- Cage Mainmast - for Tennessee class and Colorado class
- 1/350 14"/50 cal. Turrets (set of 4) - for USS California BB-44, 1921-1941
- 1/350 14"/50 cal. Turrets (set of 4) - for USS Tennessee BB-43 and USS California BB-44
- 1/350 14"/50 cal. Barrels (set of 12) - for Tennessee class and New Mexico class
- 1/350 14"/50 cal. Trunnions (set of 4) - for Tennessee class and New Mexico class
- USS Tennessee aft 3"/50 cal. Gun Tubs
- Mk.19 Directors
- 5"/25 cal. Ready Service Ammunition Lockers