Recommended to help build a late 1950s USS Yorktown CV-10 model from Gallery Model's 1/350 scale USS Intrepid CVS-11.
This model represents the modernized SCB-125 island of Essex class aircraft carrier USS Yorktown CVS-10 as it appeared circa 1956-1960 immediately after her conversion to an angled flight deck carrier.
USS Yorktown is preserved as a museum ship at Patriots Point, South Carolina, near Charleston. During 1956, she was embarked with Air Task Group 4. During 1957, Carrier Air Group 19 (CVW-19) was embarked aboard ship. From 1958-1960, she carried various anti-submarine warfare squadrons.
- open bridge and PriFly windows with delicate framing
- decks properly offset to port - teh Gallery Models kits' decks are positioned too far to starboard and should NOT be centered on the island
- properly positioned deck features
- accurately shaped decks, catwalks and splinter shields for Yorktown
- deck supporting structure details accurately positioned as confirmed by photos of the real ship
- delicate exterior piping detail correct for Yorktown
- porthole rigols ("eyebrows")
- correct style A/T doors for Yorktown, most in the open position
- door overhead rain deflectors
- correct number and position of PriFly splinter shield ribs
- open funnel cap (grille not included), ready for your favorite photoetch set
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.