This model is being updated for more detail.
Recommended to help build USS Yorktown CVS-10 from Gallery Model's 1/350 scale USS Intrepid CVS-11.
This multi-part kit represents the modernized SCB-125 island of Essex class aircraft carrier USS Yorktown CVS-10 as it appeared circa 1968-1970 during the Vietnam War. USS Yorktown is preserved as a museum ship at Patriots Point, South Carolina, near Charleston. During these years, Carrier Anti-Submarine Air Group 55 (CVSG-55) and then Carrier Anti-Submarine Air Group 56 (CVSG-56) was embarked aboard ship.
- open bridge and PriFly windows with delicate framing
- properly positioned deck features
- accurately shaped decks, catwalks and splinter shields for Yorktown
- accurate, wedge-shaped SPS-30 radar platform, unique to Yorktown
- deck supporting structure details accurately positioned as confirmed by photos of the real ship
- delicate exterior piping detail correct for Yorktown
- porthole rigols ("eyebrows")
- correct style A/T doors for Yorktown, most in the open position
- door overhead rain deflectors
- correct number and position of PriFly splinter shield ribs
- open funnel cap (grille not included), ready for your favorite photoetch set
- highly detailed, Cold War-style Mk.37 director
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.