Set includes 10 mounts (turrets) with integrated trunnions. No barrels.
The Mk.28 design was carried by fast battleships.
- Hapdong Tech 1/400 scale USS Missouri BB-63
- JSC 1/400 scale USS Iowa BB-61
- JSC 1/400 scale USS North Carolina BB-55
A set of mounts with separate trunnions is available separately.
- accurate dimensions scaled from official US Navy blueprints and confirmed by photos and measurements taken from actual Twin Mounts
- detailed armored viewfinder and rangefinder hoods
- integrated, non-moveable trunnion with slots for brass barrels (barrels not included)
- separate, smooth barbette, USS Missouri style (shown inverted in the renderings)
- crew access hatches and maintenance hatches with hinge and bolt-head details
- bolt-heads in accurate locations
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
Among naval historians, the US Navy 5"/38 caliber gun is considered the best intermediate-caliber, dual purpose naval gun of World War II. Unlike later lighter-weight marks intended for aircraft carriers, cruisers and destroyers, the 76-ton "Mark 28" version of the twin mount was designed specifically for battleships and was mounted on ships of the North Carolina Class, South Dakota Class, and Iowa Class. This mark was likely the type mounted to early Atlanta class cruisers.
- BB-55 USS North Carolina
- BB-56 USS Washington
- BB-57 USS South Dakota
- BB-58 USS Indiana
- BB-59 USS Massachusetts
- BB-60 USS Alabama
- BB-61 USS Iowa
- BB-62 USS New Jersey
- BB-63 USS Missouri
- BB-64 USS Wisconsin
- BB-65 USS Illinois (not completed)
- BB-66 USS Kentucky (not completed)