Set includes 4 directors.
Recommended to help build HMS Duke of York or early HMS Anson from:
- Airfix 1/400 scale HMS King George V
- Heller 1/400 scale HMS King George V
- JSC 1/400 scale HMS King George V
This set of four Royal Navy Mark V HACS Directors is meant to replace kit parts of plastic models of HMS Prince of Wales or HMS King George V to convert them into sister ships HMS Duke of York, early HMS Anson or HMS Howe.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
Model Monkey HMS King George V class conversion parts:
- 1/700 HMS Duke of York 1945 Enlarged Signal Deck
- 1/700 HMS Duke of York 1945 Aft Funnel Extended Searchlight Platform
- 1/700 HMS Anson 1945 Enlarged Signal Deck
- 1/700 HMS Howe 1945 Aft Funnel Emergency Control Station
- 1/700 HACS Mk.IV Directors - for HMS King George V and HMS Prince of Wales
- 1/700 HACS Mk.V Directors - for HMS Duke of York, HMS Howe and early HMS Anson
- 1/700 HACS Mk.VI Directors - for late HMS Anson
- 1/700 Type 271 and 273 Radar "Lanterns" (set of six)
From Wikipedia: "High Angle Control System (HACS) was a British anti-aircraft fire-control system employed by the Royal Navy from 1931 onwards and used widely during World War II. HACS calculated the necessary deflection required to place an explosive shell in the location of a target flying at a known height, bearing and speed.
"HACS V: Improved design, partially enclosed, complete stabilization for elevation and training. Keelavite system of power training, and GRU. Duplex 15 ft HF/RF. Uses Mk IV table. Installed on HMS Duke of York, Anson and Howe."