Set includes 2 directors and 4 Mk.13 airfoil-shaped radar antennas (2 types).
Recommended for: JSC 1/400 scale USS Iowa BB-61
This set represents the original, six-sided configuration of the Mark 38 Main Battery Fire Control Directors fit to some of the fast battleships of the North Carolina class, South Dakota class and Iowa class.
Also available: enlarged, 7-sided "square back" configuration Mk.38 directors
Please consult your references to know which type is correct for your model.
- director captain's hatch in closed position with rails
- accurately shaped viewfinder covers with hinge and hinge motor detail
- accurately shaped and located defroster covers on top of rangefinder hoods with hinge detail
- accurately sized, numbered and located bolt-head details
- raised bases for handrails (handrails not included - use small diameter wire)
These 3D-printed models were designed from official US Navy drawings. They are scaled to match the dimensions of the real director. They are not 3D-printed copies of any plastic, wood, metal or resin kit's parts, therefore, they may be shaped and sized differently than the parts of your kit. Some adjustment to your plastic kit's parts or other aftermarket products such as photo-etch may be necessary for best fit.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.