Set includes 3 turrets with barrels.
- JSC 1/400 scale USS North Carolina BB-55
- and more!
This set of three-gun turrets (more properly called "gunhouses") represents the enormous main battery of battleships USS North Carolina BB-55 and USS Washington BB-56.
These 3D-printed acrylic parts are designed to accurately represent features of the real turret based on original builder's blueprints and measurements made of an actual turret on USS North Carolina. They are not 3D-printed copies of any plastic or resin kit's parts and therefore may be shaped and sized differently than those parts. Some adjustment to your plastic kit's parts or other aftermarket parts such as photoetch or wood decks may be necessary for best fit.
- scaled from scans of original builder's blueprints. Dimensions and details confirmed by measurements taken from actual gunhouses on USS North Carolina BB-55 preserved as a museum ship at Wilmington, North Carolina
- open armored rangefinder viewport shutters
- rangefinders with telescopic sights visible through the open shutters of the armored covers
- rooftop screwheads accurately sized, numbered and located
- armored rangefinder hexhead bolt and screw details
- detailed rooftop periscopes
- left periscope for Turret #2 is accurately offset slightly to the right, just like the left periscope of the real Turret #2
- turrets are marked inside (1, 2 or 3) to identify which turret is which
- accurately sized and shaped ventilation trunks
- detailed turret-bottom crew access hatch, accurately offset slightly to the left
- barrels grouped on a trunnion to allow the modeler to set the position of the barrels to any realistic elevation from +45 degrees to -1 degree (-2 degrees for Turret #3), just like the real turrets
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.