Recommended to help build USS New Jersey BB-62 as she appeared as first built, circa 1943, from:
- Hapdong Tech 1/400 scale USS Missouri BB-63
- JSC 1/400 scale USS Iowa BB-61
- and more!
This is an unassembled multi-part kit intended to help convert any World War Two configuration USS Missouri BB-63 model kit to sistership USS New Jersey BB-62 as she appeared at the time of her commissioning in 1943. It is not suitable for Tamiya's or Revell's 1/350 scale USS New Jersey (1980s appearance) kit nor the new-tool Tamiya USS Missouri (1990s appearance).
An enclosed 1944 "round bridge" is available separately.
In addition to the open configuration of the bridge, there were subtle differences between New Jersey's bridge bulkheads and details than those of her sisters. Many of these differences are captured in this design. This is NOT a duplicate Missouri bridge with a round front.
- scale armored conning tower thickness
- open armored conning tower doors with hinge detail
- open A/T doors, ready for your favorite photo-etch
- multi-part design allows easy access to the interiors for painting
- detailed Bofors tub supporting structure
- Mk.49 Director tubs (directors not included)
- correct door, porthole and vision slit placement for New Jersey
- proper bulkhead orientation for New Jersey
This 3D-printed model is designed to match the overall dimensions of features of the real ship as recorded in official Navy drawings. It is not a copy of any injection molded plastic or resin kits' parts and therefore may be differently shaped and sized. Some adjustment to your kit, or other aftermarket products such as photoetch, may be necessary for best fit.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
From Wikipedia: "USS New Jersey (BB-62; "Big J" or "Black Dragon") is an Iowa-class battleship, and was the second ship of the United States Navy to be named in honor of the US state of New Jersey. New Jersey earned more battle stars for combat actions than the other three completed Iowa-class battleships, and was the only US battleship providing gunfire support during the Vietnam War."