- Revell 1/426 scale USS Currituck AV-7
- Recell 1/426 scale USS Pine Island AV-12
Set includes 4 mounts (turrets):
- one "Double Knuckle" mount
- three "Single Knuckle" mounts
Among naval historians, the US Navy 5"/38 caliber gun is considered the best intermediate-caliber, dual purpose naval gun of World War II. This type was installed on several classes of destroyers, destroyer escorts, auxiliaries such as Currituck class seaplane tenders, Coast Guard cutters, as well as the battleship USS Idaho BB-42 and the nuclear-powered cruiser USS Long Beach CGN-9.
Seaplane tenders of the Currituck class carried four mounts, three "Single Knuckle" mounts, placed in locations where roof reinforcement was not required, and one "Double Knuckle" version, installed in the forward-most position. The "double knuckle" mount had additional roof reinforcement to protect it from the blast of the mount behind and above it. The additional reinforcement resulted in an additional bump on the turret roof, known as a "knuckle".
See photos in the carousel for help in positioning your model mounts.
- an asymmetrical gunhouse (turret)
- accurately offset gun opening
- accurately offset barrel (when looking at the front of the turret, the barrel should align to the RIGHT side of the opening)
- detailed turret bottom supporting structure
- rear vent and alarm bell
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.