Scale: although Revell box art and literature state the Revell USS Arizona and USS Pennsylvania model kits to be 1/426 scale, they are actually 1/429 scale as confirmed by Loren Perry, owner of Gold Medal Models and holder of the original Revell documents. These 3D-printed models are perfectly scaled to match the Revell kits' true scale.
Set includes 4 turrets with barrels.
- Revell 1/426 scale USS Arizona BB-39
- Revell 1/426 scale USS Pennsylvania BB-38
- Revell 1/426 scale Pearl Harbor Set USS Arizona, Mitsubishi A6M5 Zero, Nakajima B5N2 Kate
This scale Triple 14 inch/45 caliber Gun Turret Set of four turrets is designed for models of Pennsylvania class battleships USS Pennsylvania BB-38 and USS Arizona BB-39. These turrets are intended as direct replacements for the classic Revell kit's parts. These model turrets were patterned from Bureau of Ordnance drawing O.P. 1112 (2nd Revision) dated January 15,1945 as well as drawings by Alan B. Chesley modified to match photos of the actual turrets.
- accurately shaped and dimensioned gunhouse and barrel length according to US Navy O.P 1112
- detailed rangefinder hoods with closed viewports
- correct number and position of barbette apron gusset plates
- to-scale thickness of glacis
- properly shaped gun openings
- correctly shaped buckler (bloomer/blastbag) attachment collars on glacis
- separate barrels permitting the modeler to set them to any realistic elevation
- trunnion accurately positioned within the gunhouse according to US Navy O.P. 1112 providing a correct distance to muzzle from the gunhouse
- rooftop bolthead detail, accurately numbered and positioned
- accurate gun barrel port shape
- blast bag collar details
These 3D-printed acrylic parts are designed to accurately represent features of the actual ship based on authoritative plans. They are not 3D-printed copies of inaccurate plastic kit parts and therefore are shaped and sized a bit differently. Some adjustment to your plastic kit's parts or other aftermarket parts such as photoetch or wood decks may be necessary for best fit.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.