Scale: although Revell box art and literature state the Revell USS Arizona and USS Pennsylvania model kits to be 1/426 scale, they are actually 1/429 scale as confirmed by Loren Perry, owner of Gold Medal Models and holder of the original Revell documents. This 3D-printed model is perfectly scaled to match the Revell kits' true scale.
Set includes 4 turrets and 4 slotted trunnions. Barrels not included. A set of 4 turrets with barrels is available separately.
- Revell 1/426 scale USS Arizona BB-39
- Revell 1/426 scale USS Pennsylvania BB-38
- Revell 1/426 scale Pearl Harbor Set USS Arizona, Mitsubishi A6M5 Zero, Nakajima B5N2 Kate
These scale Triple 14 inch/45 caliber Gun Turrets are designed for models of Pennsylvania class battleships USS Pennsylvania BB-38 and USS Arizona BB-39. These model turrets were patterned from Bureau of Ordnance drawing O.P. 1112 (2nd Revision) dated January 15, 1945 as well as drawings by Alan B. Chesley modified to match photos of the actual turrets. They are of a more accurate shape and size than the kit's parts and far better detailed. Some adjustment to your plastic kit's parts or other aftermarket products such as photoetch may be necessary for best fit.
- accurately dimensioned gunhouse according to US Navy O.P. 1112
- detailed rangefinder hoods with closed viewports
- correct number and position of barbette apron gusset plates
- to-scale thickness of glacis
- properly shaped gun openings
- correctly shaped buckler (bloomer/blastbag) attachment collars on glacis
- barrel slots integrated into a single sleeve, just like the real gun sleeve
- trunnion printed separately as one unit to permit the modeler to select any elevation from -5 degrees to +30 degrees, just like the real guns and sleeve
- trunnion accurately positioned within the gunhouse according to US Navy O.P. 1112 providing a correct center of rotation
These 3D-printed acrylic parts are designed to accurately represent features of the actual ship based on authoritative plans. They are not 3D-printed copies of inaccurate plastic kit parts and therefore are shaped and sized a bit differently. Some adjustment to your plastic kit's parts or other aftermarket parts such as photoetch or wood decks may be necessary for best fit.
© Model Monkey LLC. This 3D-printed product may not be copied or recast.