Set includes 2 turrets with barrels.
Helps build USS Nevada BB-36 or USS Oklahoma BB-37 from:
- Revell 1/426 scale USS Arizona BB-39
- Revell 1/426 scale USS Pennsylvania BB-38
- Revell 1/426 scale Pearl Harbor Set USS Arizona, Mitsubishi A6M5 Zero, Nakajima B5N2 Kate
Scale: although Revell box art and literature state the Revell USS Arizona and USS Pennsylvania model kits to be 1/426 scale, they are actually 1/429 scale as confirmed by Loren Perry, owner of Gold Medal Models and holder of the original Revell documents. This 3D-printed model is perfectly scaled to match the Revell kits' true scale.
These scale Twin 14 inch/45 caliber Gun Turrets are designed to help build models of either of the Nevada class battleships USS Nevada BB-36 or USS Oklahoma BB-37 from the classic Revell model kits of the later Pennsylvania class battleships USS Pennsylvania BB-38 and USS Arizona BB-39. The Nevada class ships were fit with 2 twin 14"/45 cal. turrets in superfiring positions and 2 triple turrets just above the main deck. These models represent superfiring twin turrets #2 and #3 as they appeared from the mid-1930s through World War Two, including the attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7th, 1941. Triple 14"/45 cal. turrets are available separately.
- accurately dimensioned and scaled from official US Navy "Booklet of General Plans: USS Oklahoma BB-37" dated 21 August 1934.
- to-scale thickness of glacis
- properly shaped gun openings
- correctly shaped buckler (bloomer/blastbag) attachment collars on glacis
- bolthead and rooftop screwhead detail
- trunnion printed separately as one unit to permit the modeler to select any elevation from -5 degrees to +30 degrees, just like the real guns
- trunnion accurately positioned within the gunhouse according to US Navy O.P. 1112 providing a correct center of rotation
These 3D-printed acrylic parts are original designs, accurately representing features of the actual ship based on authoritative plans. They are not 3D-printed copies of plastic or resin kit parts and therefore may be shaped and sized differently. Some adjustment to your plastic kit's parts or other aftermarket parts such as photo-etch or wood decks may be necessary for best fit.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.