Set contains 10 mounts (turrets). No barrels.
Recommended for: Hasegawa 1/450 scale USS Missouri BB-63.
Among naval historians, the US Navy 5"/38 caliber gun is considered the best intermediate-caliber, dual purpose naval gun of World War II. Unlike later lighter-weight marks intended for aircraft carriers, cruisers and destroyers, the 76-ton "Mark 28" version of the twin mount was designed specifically for battleships and was mounted on ships of the North Carolina Class, South Dakota Class, and Iowa Class. This mark was likely the type mounted to early Atlanta class cruisers.
- BB-55 USS North Carolina
- BB-56 USS Washington
- BB-57 USS South Dakota
- BB-58 USS Indiana
- BB-59 USS Massachusetts
- BB-60 USS Alabama
- BB-61 USS Iowa
- BB-62 USS New Jersey
- BB-63 USS Missouri
- BB-64 USS Wisconsin
- BB-65 USS Illinois (not completed)
- BB-66 USS Kentucky (not completed)
- accurate dimensions scaled from official US Navy blueprints and confirmed by photos and measurements taken from actual Twin Mounts
- detailed armored viewfinder and rangefinder hoods
- slots for barrels (barrels not included - too fine to print)
- integrated barbette
- crew access hatches and maintenance hatches with hinge and bolt-head details
- bolt-heads in accurate locations
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.