Set includes 2 flaps and 2 flap wells, enough for 1 model B-17.
- Hasegawa 1/48 scale B-17G Flying Fortress
- Monogram 1/48 scale B-17G Flying Fortress
- Monogram 1/48 scale The Visible B-17G Flying Fortress
- Monogram 1/48 scale B-17G Flying Fortress and P-51B (D) Mustang
- Revell 1/48 scale B-17F Flying Fortress
- Revell/Hasegawa 1/48 scale B-17G Flying Fortress '447th Bomb Group'
- Revell/Takara 1/48 scale B-17F Flying Fortress
Notice: this flap set was designed to fit the Monogram, Hasegawa and Revell 1/48 scale B-17 kits. The flap set has not been tested to see if it will fit the HK Models 1/48 scale B-17G kit. We do not know if it will fit the HK Models kit therefore we cannot recommend this set for the HK Models kit.
This highly detailed set of models represents the wing flaps and flap wells of the famous Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress, specifically models B-17E (Fortress Mk IIa) , B-17F (Fortress Mk II) and B-17G.
- This set includes just 4 parts for easy cleaning, painting and assembly (2 flaps and 2 flap wells).
- Actuator rods and struts are integral to the wells in the correct position for lowered flaps.
- Wells are marked with a raised "L" or "R" to identify which is the left wing flap well and which is the right wing flap well.
- Flaps are attached to their corresponding left or right well by small attachment sprues. Carefully remove and discard the sprues. When correctly assembled, the notch in the flaps is positioned nearest the fuselage.
This product is intended for advanced modelers with kit modification experience. In order to install the flap wells, your Hasegawa, Monogram or Revell or B-17 kit's flaps will have to be cut from your kit's lower wing halves.
No assembly instructions will come with your parts. Assembly guide photos are included in the photo carousel on this webpage. Please study the assembly guide photos and renderings in the carousel.
Notice: the actuator rods and struts are very fragile. They are just 0.7mm in diameter. Accidentally bumping the flaps after assembly may break the actuator rods and struts. In order to help prevent breakage during assembly and handling, install the wells while building your model being careful to avoid bumping the rods and struts. After the rest of the model is complete, attach the flaps to the wells' rods and struts using adhesive such as CA "superglue". Avoid handling the flaps after assembly.
These parts are made of acrylic plastic. Acrylic plastic does not behave like injection-molded polystyrene plastic or other resins. Glues for polystyrene plastic, like "Testors Liquid Cement" or tube cement, will not work with acrylic plastic. Cyanoacrylate (CA) "super glue" is recommended.
This is an original product design, not a 3D-printed copy of any resin or photo-etch set.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.