Scale: 1/48 (1/4 inch = 1 foot) Outer diameter of tube = 12.1mm. If the outer diameter of your plastic model kit's torpedo tubes is slightly smaller than 12.1 mm, these 3D-printed parts will match your kit's torpedo tube parts well.
Set includes 4 breech doors (2 port and 2 starboard). If you are purchasing torpedo tubes available separately, this product is not needed. Breech doors are included with the tubes.
- set of two forward torpedo tubes
- set of two aft torpedo tubes
- PT-109 nameplate
- Bluejacket Shipcrafters 1/4" = 1' (1/48) scale "80' Elco PT Boat"
- Merit International 1/48 scale Elco 80' Motor Patrol Torpedo Boat Late Type
- Merit International 1/48 scale Elco 80' Motor Patrol Torpedo Boat Early Type
This set of four models represents the doors on the aft end of Mk.18 Torpedo Tubes mounted to many World War Two US Navy PT Boats such as the famous PT-109 commanded by then-Lieutenant John F. Kennedy. The Mk.18 Torpedo Tube was used early in the war until replaced by roll-off racks for aircraft-type Mk.13 torpedoes.
A good reference for PT boats can be found on NavSource. Link:
These model breech doors are not 3D-printed copies of any plastic model kit's parts. They are designed from actual builder’s blueprints. Therefore, they may not be the same size or shape of your plastic kit's parts. Some adjustment of the plastic kit's parts may be needed for best fit.
The outer diameter of the breech door sleeve of these 3D-printed parts = 8.0 mm. If the outer diameter of your plastic model kit's torpedo tubes is slightly smaller than 8.0 mm, these 3D-printed parts will match your kit's torpedo tube parts well. It is not yet known if these parts are a good match for the new-tool (2018) Revell PT-109 kit. To fit these 3D-printed parts to your plastic kit's torpedo tubes, cut away the corresponding section of your plastic kit's torpedo tubes and replace them with these 3D-printed parts.
- accurately scaled from scans of original Electric Boat Company manufacturer's blueprints dated 3 December 1942
- details confirmed from careful study of period photographs
- hinges properly positioned for port tubes and the starboard tubes (hinges go on the inboard side of the door)
- accurate, detailed, tube-top firing combustion chamber
- accurate breech door hinge
- exterior stiffener rings properly sized and located
- bolt heads accurately scaled in their proper position, randomly turned for realism
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.