- Revell 1/490 scale USS Pittsburgh CA-72 (1967 release)
- Revell 1/490 scale USS Pittsburgh CA-72 (1971 release)
- Revell 1/490 scale USS Los Angeles CA-135
Scale: Revell boxart states the kits' scale to be 1/490. When compared to Navy plans, the models' true scale is close to 1/483. These turrets are perfectly matched to your Revell kit.
Set includes 3 turrets. No barrels.
This accurately shaped and highly detailed set represents the three 8 inch 55 caliber triple turret main battery of the US Navy's Baltimore class heavy cruisers as they appeared during the Vietnam War.
A set of World War Two-era turrets is available separately.
- designed according to official US Navy Bureau of Ordnance publication O.P. 1112 dated 15 January 1945
- accurate shape
- separate trunnion allows the modeler to set barrels to any realistic elevation from +41 degrees to -5 degrees just like the real turret (barrels not included)
- subtle, raised number on the inside of each turret to identify which is which
- roof-top antenna pedestal on Turrets 2 and 3
- detailed left-side rangefinder and rooftop viewfinder hoods
- accurately sized, positioned and numbered rangefinder hood bolt-head details
- blast bag (also known as "buckler" or "bloomer") attachment rings
- turret roof viewfinder hood doors correctly offset to the left
- subtle turret-side recesses representing the plated-under openings of the former World War Two-era rangefinders
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
Model Monkey Baltimore class heavy cruiser products for Revell kits:
- USS St. Paul CA-73 Enclosed Bridges (1968)
- USS Los Angeles CA-135 Enclosed Bridges (1968)
- 8"/55 cal. Triple Turrets (World War Two appearance)
- 8"/55 cal. Triple Turrets (Vietnam War appearance)
- 5"/38 cal. Mk.32 Mounts (set of 8)
- Mk.34 Directors and Mk.13 Radar Antennas (set of 8 each)