Set includes 4 turrets with barrels.
- Renwal (re-released by Revell) 1/500 scale USS Springfield CL-66/CLG-7
- Renwal 1/500 scale USS Galveston CL-93/CLG-3
- Renwal 1/500 scale USS Pasadena CL-65
These four accurate and highly detailed model turrets represent the four 6"/47 cal. Triple Turrets mounted to the later ships of the US Navy’s Cleveland class of light cruisers. These turrets have the late-style integrated rangefinder hoods. The first two ships of the class, USS Cleveland CL-55 and USS Columbia CL-56, had bolt-on armored rangefinder hoods like the turrets of the preceding Brooklyn class.
- overall dimensions precisely scaled from scans of original builder's blueprints
- accurately shaped complex curvature
- open glacis gun ports
- armored rangefinder hexhead bolt and domed screw details
- turret bottoms are numbered for easy identification
- Turrets 1 and 4 located on the main deck have accurate access hatch and shell ejection ports on aft turret wall (superfiring Turrets 2 and 3 do not – access for Turrets 2 and 3 was made through the turret bottom overhang)
- Turret 4 does not have integrated rangefinder hoods.
These scale model turrets are accurately designed from scans of original builder's blueprints. They are not 3D-printed copies of any resin or plastic model kit’s parts and therefore are shaped and sized differently. Some adjustment to your plastic kit's parts or other aftermarket products such as photo-etch may be necessary for best fit.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
Model Monkey 1/500 scale Cleveland class products:
- Cleveland class “Square Bridge” -click here
- 6"/47 cal. Turret Set, World War Two configuration (this product)
- Cleveland class All-Gun Supplemental Set (aft barbettes, 6"/47 cal. barrels and 5"/38 Mk.32 Mounts) - click here
- Cleveland class Guided Missile Cruiser Set (two 6"/47 turrets, 6"/47 cal. barrels and 5"/38 mounts)- click here
- 5"/38 cal. Mk.32 twin mounts (set of 6) - click here
- Mk.34 Fire Control Directors (set of 4) - click here