This model is being updated for more detail and an improved funnel exhaust shape.
- Renwal 1/500 scale USS Shangri-La CVA-38
- Renwal 1/500 scale USS Ticonderoga CVA-14
This multi-part kit represents the modernized SCB-125 island of Essex class aircraft carrier USS Yorktown CVS-10 as it appeared circa 1968-1970 during the Vietnam War. It is intended as a more accurate, direct replacement for the kit parts found in any classic Renwal Essex class carrier model. USS Yorktown is preserved as a museum ship at Patriots Point, South Carolina, near Charleston.
This 1/500 scale design is too large for the 1/530 scale Revell model kits and will not fit them properly. A Yorktown island precisely scaled for Revell kits is available separately.
This model is scaled for official US Navy drawings and is NOT a 3D-printed copy of any plastic or resin kit's parts therefore it may be sized and shaped differently than the parts in your kit. Some adjustment of the plastic kit's parts or other afetrmarket products such as photo-etch may be needed for best fit.
- open bridge and PriFly windows with delicate framing
- decks properly offset to port - Revell's kits' decks are positioned too far to starboard and should NOT be centered on the island
- properly positioned deck features
- accurately shaped decks, catwalks and splinter shields for Yorktown
- accurate, wedge-shaped SPS-30 radar platform, unique to Yorktown
- deck supporting structure details accurately positioned as confirmed by photos of the real ship
- delicate exterior piping detail correct for Yorktown
- porthole rigols ("eyebrows")
- correct style A/T doors for Yorktown, most in the open position
- door overhead rain deflectors
- correct number and position of PriFly splinter shield ribs
- open funnel cap (grille not included), ready for your favorite photoetch set
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.