- Revell 1/530 USS Essex CVA-9 and CVS-9 Angle-deck carrier
- Revell 1/530 USS Hornet (CVS-12) "Hornet +3" Apollo 11 Moon Mission Recovery Vessel
- Revell 1/530 USS Lexington (CVT-16) Sea Power Issue
- Revell 1/530 USS Wasp CVA-18 and CVS-18 Gemini Recovery Vessel
- Revell 1/530 USS Bon Homme Richard CVA-31 Picture Fleet Issue
- Revell 1/530 USS Oriskany CVA-34
- Revell 1/530 USS Shangri-La CVA-38 (not the 1/500 Renwal kit)
- Revell/Lodella 1/530 USS Ticonderoga CVA-14 (not the Renwal 1/500 kit)
This multi-part kit represents the modernized SCB-125 island of Essex class aircraft carrier USS Intrepid CVS-11 as it appeared about 1966-1967 during combat operations off Vietnam. Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 10, tailcode AK, was embarked aboard the ship during those years.
This model is intended as a more accurate, direct replacement for the kit parts found in any classic Revell Essex class carrier model. With minor modifications, it can be adapted for other Vietnam-era angle-deck Essex class carriers. It is not suitable for USS Yorktown CVS-10 or USS Randolph CVS-15 because those ships' islands had different bridge window configurations.
An island properly scaled specifically for the former Renwal 1/500 USS Shangri La CV-38 model kit (# RM7819) is available separately. This 1/530 scale design is too small for the Renwal model.
- open bridge and PriFly windows with delicate framing
- decks properly offset to port - Revell's kits' decks are positioned too far to starboard and should NOT be centered on the island
- properly positioned deck features
- wiper motor details on the navigating bridge
- deck supporting structure details accurately positioned as confirmed by photos of the real ship
- delicate exterior piping detail correct for Intrepid
- porthole rigols ("eyebrows")
- correct style A/T doors for Intrepid
- door overhead rain deflectors
- correct number and position of PriFly splinter shield ribs
- properly slanted and positioned antenna base outriggers
- open funnel cap (grille not included), ready for your favorite photoetch set
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.