This model is being updated for more detail and an improved funnel exhaust shape. If purchasing now, please allow additional time to complete the redesign, print and ship your order.
- Revell 1/530 USS Essex CVA-9 and CVS-9 Angle-deck carrier
- Revell 1/530 USS Hornet (CVS-12) "Hornet +3" Apollo 11 Moon Mission Recovery Vessel
- Revell 1/530 USS Lexington (CVT-16) Sea Power Issue
- Revell 1/530 USS Wasp CVA-18 and CVS-18 Gemini Recovery Vessel
- Revell 1/530 USS Bon Homme Richard CVA-31 Picture Fleet Issue
- Revell 1/530 USS Oriskany CVA-34
- Revell 1/530 USS Shangri-La CVA-38 (not the 1/500 Renwal kit)
- Revell/Lodella 1/530 USS Ticonderoga CVA-14 (not the Renwal 1/500 kit)
This multi-part kit represents the modernized SCB-125 island of Essex class aircraft carrier USS Yorktown CVS-10 as it appeared circa 1968-1970 during the Vietnam War. It is intended as a more accurate, direct replacement for the kit parts found in any classic Revell Essex class carrier model. USS Yorktown is preserved as a museum ship at Patriots Point, South Carolina, near Charleston. During these years, Carrier Anti-Submarine Air Group 55 (CVSG-55) and then Carrier Anti-Submarine Air Group 56 (CVSG-56) was embarked aboard ship.
This 1/530 scale design is too small for the 1/500 scale Renwal model kit and will not fit it properly. A island precisely scaled for the Renwal kit is available separately.
- open bridge and PriFly windows with delicate framing
- decks properly offset to port - Revell's kits' decks are positioned too far to starboard and should NOT be centered on the island
- properly positioned deck features
- accurately shaped decks, catwalks and splinter shields for Yorktown
- accurate, wedge-shaped SPS-30 radar platform, unique to Yorktown
- deck supporting structure details accurately positioned as confirmed by photos of the real ship
- delicate exterior piping detail correct for Yorktown
- porthole rigols ("eyebrows")
- correct style A/T doors for Yorktown, most in the open position
- door overhead rain deflectors
- correct number and position of PriFly splinter shield ribs
- open funnel cap (grille not included), ready for your favorite photoetch set
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.