Set includes 4 directors.
Recommended for classic Revell kits:
- Revell 1/542 scale USS Forrestal CV-59
- Revell 1/542 scale USS Saratoga CV-60
- Revell 1/542 scale USS Ranger CV-61
- Revell 1/542 scale USS Independence CV-62
- Advent 1/542 scale USS Ranger CV-61 (ex-Revell mold)
- Heller 1/542 scale USS Forrestal CV-59 (ex-Revell mold)
The US Navy Mk.56 Director was part of a gun-fire control system (GFCS) intended to direct the fire of 3"/50 caliber dual purpose guns but was also coupled to 5"/38 mounts and 40mm Bofors mounts, from the 1950s through the Vietnam War. It was designed at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). It had an effective range of 30,000 yards and could track bombers at speeds up to 630 miles per hour. In addition to Forrestal class aircraft carriers USS Forrestal CV-59, USS Saratoga CV-60, USS Ranger, CV-61, USS Independence CV-62, it was fit to the battleship USS New Jersey BB-62, aircraft carriers USS Yorktown CVS-10, USS Intrepid CVS-11, USS Hornet CVS-12, USS Lexington CVT-16, and destroyer USS Turner Joy DD-951, now preserved as museum ships.
- fully assembled
- accurately scaled director mount with bolt-head and access panel clasp details
- detailed base stand
Fit to some warships of the following classes during the Cold War-era:
- Des Moines
- Forrest Sherman
© Model Monkey LLC. This 3D-printed product may not be copied or recast.