- Revell 1/542 scale USS Forrestal CV-59
- Revell 1/542 scale USS Saratoga CV-60
- Revell 1/542 scale USS Ranger CV-61
- Revell 1/542 scale USS Independence CV-62
- Advent 1/542 scale USS Ranger CV-61 (ex-Revell mold)
- Heller 1/542 scale USS Forrestal CV-59 (ex-Revell mold)
This model represents the island of Forrestal class aircraft carrier USS Saratoga CVA-60 as it appeared circa 1970-1975 during service in the eastern Mediterranean Sea and the Vietnam War. The Forrestal class was the world's first "super carriers".
Saratoga, originally classified as an "Attack Aircraft Carrier" (CVA-60), was reclassified as a "Multi-purpose Aircraft Carrier" (CV-60) on 30 June 1972.
This model is designed from official US Navy drawings to match features and dimensions of the actual ship. Therefore, it may be sized and shaped differently than your plastic kit's parts. Some adjustment of your kit's parts or other aftermarket products such as photo-etch may be needed for best fit.
- overall dimensions scaled from official US Navy drawings, details adjusted to match photos
- open navigating bridge, flag bridge and primary flight control station "prifly" windows with subtle, raised window framing and correct wiper motor detail for 1970-1975
- open portholes for the signal shelter on the 09 level
- open battle lookout ports, fore and aft, properly sized and positioned
- highly detailed doors of 2 types fixed to the bulkheads in the open p