Set includes 10 mounts (turrets. No barrels.
- Revell 1/570 USS North Carolina BB-55
- Revell 1/570 USS Washington BB-56
Among naval historians, the US Navy 5"/38 caliber gun is considered the best intermediate-caliber, dual purpose naval gun of World War II. Unlike later lighter-weight marks intended for aircraft carriers, cruisers and destroyers, the 76-ton "Mark 28" version of the twin mount was designed specifically for battleships and was mounted on ships of the North Carolina Class, South Dakota Class, and Iowa Class. Ten of these mounts were fit to USS North Carolina BB-55 and USS Washington BB-56.
- accurate dimensions scaled from official US Navy blueprints and confirmed by photos and measurements taken from actual Twin Mounts
- detailed armored viewfinder and rangefinder hoods
- crew access hatches and maintenance hatches with hinge and bolt-head details
- bolt-heads in accurate locations
© Model Monkey LLC. This 3D-printed product may not be copied or recast.
Model Monkey 1/570 scale products for USS North Carolina BB-55 and USS Washington BB-56:
- 1/570 16"/45 cal. Turrets for North Carolina class (set of 3 with barrels)
- 1/570 5"/38 Mk.28 Twin Mounts for North Carolina class (set of 10)
- 1/570 Mk.38 Directors, orignal 6-sided shield, for North Carolina class (set of 2)
- 1/570 Mk.37 Directors, "angle-back", for North Carolina class (set of 4)