Set includes 3 turrets with integrated barrels and blast bags.
Recommended to help convert the following kits to Gneisenau as the ship likely would have appeared following reconstruction:
- Revell 1/570 scale Scharnhorst
- Revell 1/570 scale Gneisenau
This set of 3 turrets represents the proposed 38 cm (15") main battery of the World War Two-era Deutsche Kriegsmarine battleship Gneisenau, more properly known as the Drh L C/34 mount with SK C/34 guns. It had been proposed to rearm the battleships of the Scharnhorst class with the same twin-gun turrets carried by battleships Bismarck and Tirpitz. Following severe damage to Gneisenau's bow in a bombing attack, work began to rearm the ship as part of the rebuilding but this work was never completed. Had the work proceeded as planned, Gneisenau would have emerged from rebuilding with three of these turrets.
- overall dimensions scaled from Krupp factory drawings. The dimensions match drawings published in Anatomy of the Ship: The Battleship Bismarck by Jack Brower
- details confirmed by careful study of photographs of the real ships
- Turret "Anton", the forward-most turret on the ship, accurately has its rangefinder removed and the openings blanked. Turrets "Bruno" and "Caesar" have accurate armored rangefinders.
- accurately sized and positioned bolthead detail
- accurately shaped rangefinder and viewfinder shutters in closed positions
These model turrets were designed from official drawings of the real turrets. They are NOT a 3D-printed copy of any plastic or resin kit's parts therefore it may be sized and shaped differently than the parts in your plastic or resin kit. Some adjustment to your kit's parts or other aftermarket sets such as photo etch or wood decks may be needed for best fit.
© Model Monkey LLC. This 3D-printed product may not be copied or recast.