Recommended to build the Scharnhorst class battleship Gneisenau from:
- Revell 1/570 scale Scharnhorst
- Revell 1/570 scale Gneisenau
This accurately shaped and detailed model represents the upper forward superstructure of the German battleship Gneisenau as it appeared during Operation Cerberus, "The Channel Dash", in early 1942. It includes an enclosed admiral's bridge. This model is a direct replacement part for Tamiya's 1/700 scale Scharnhorst class battleship Gneisenau kit. A separate design for 1941, as the ship appeared during Operation Berlin, is available separately (click here).
This model is scaled to represent the features of the actual ship based on the best, authoritative references available. It is NOT a 3D-printed copy of any plastic or resin kit's parts therefore it may be sized and shaped differently than the parts in your plastic or resin kit. Some adjustment to your kit's parts or other aftermarket sets such as photo etch or wood decks may be needed for best fit.
- accurately shaped, asymmetrical "Admiral's Bridge" with open windows
- accurately shaped deck, correct for Gneisenau
- accurately shaped upper fire control platform, correct for Gneisenau
- accurately shaped searchlight platform with service lockers (searchlight not included)
- delicate below-deck structural bracing
- accurately sized, shaped and positioned doors with hinge details
- exterior cabling detail
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
- SL-8 Domed Rangefinders (set of 4)
- 10.5-meter and 6-meter Rangefinders - for Scharnhorst and Gneisenau
- H-Klasse H-44 50.8 cm (20") Turrets with blast bags (set of 4)
- Bismarck and Tirpitz 38 cm (15") Turrets with blast bags (set of 4)
- Bismarck and Tirpitz 15 cm (5.9") Turrets with blast bags (set of 6)
- Scharnhorst Admiral's Bridge (1943) - "The Battle of the North Cape"
- Scharnhorst Turret "Bruno" Barbette with exterior vent trunks
- Gneisenau 38 cm (15") Twin Turrets (set of 3) - planned post-reconstruction
- Gneisenau Admiral's Bridge (1941) - "Operation Berlin"
- Gneisenau Admiral's Bridge (1942) - "The Channel Dash"
- Gneisenau Hangar (1941) - "Operation Berlin"
- Gneisenau Hangar (1942) - "The Channel Dash"
- DKM 160 cm Searchlights