Recommended to help build the King George V class battleship HMS Duke of York during her British Pacific Fleet service in 1945 from:
- Airfix 1/600 scale HMS King George V
- Frog 1/600 scale HMS Prince of Wales
- MPC 1/600 scale HMS KIng George V
The handsome ships of the UK's World War II-era King George V class are among the last Royal Navy battleships. All had terrific service records. HMS Duke of York is best remembered for her part in the sinking of the German battleship Scharnhorst in December, 1943 off the northern coast of Norway. Like many warships, each ship of the class is slightly different in appearance.
These model funnels are intended to help convert your HMS King George V model kit to sistership HMS Duke of York as she appeared after her 1944-45 refit during her British Pacific Fleet service.
- extensive riveting detail
- funnel top pulley housings
- forward funnel:
- enlarged forward funnel platform for two twin-gun 20mm Oerlikon cannons (twin-gun Oerlikons not included)
- funnel ready service ammunition lockers
- heat barrier
- compartment doors
- rigols ("eyebrows") above portholes
- aft funnel:
- Oerlikon platform has an accurately asymmetrical shape when viewed from above
- integrated, open venturi (wind deflector)
- heat barrier
- detailed underside trunking and supporting structures with lightening holes
Minor adjustment of your plastic kit's parts may be necessary for best fit.
The extended platform on the forward funnel supported two electrically-operated, twin-gun 20mm Oerlikon cannon mounts (not included).
The extended platform on the aft funnel supported a single-gun 20mm Oerlikon cannon (not included).
- HMS Duke of York 1945 Enlarged Signal Deck
- HMS Anson 1945 Enlarged Signal Deck
- HMS Howe 1945 Aft Funnel Emergency Control Station
- HACS Mk.IV Directors - for HMS King George V and HMS Prince of Wales
- HACS Mk.V Directors - for HMS Duke of York, HMS Howe and early HMS Anson
- HACS Mk.VI Directors - for late HMS Anson
- Type 271 and 273 Radar "Lanterns" (set of six)
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.