Set includes 4 turrets with barrels.
Recommended to help build USS Cleveland CL-55 or USS Columbia CL-56 from:
- Lindberg 1/600 scale USS Manchester CL-83
- Lindberg 1/600 scale USS Columbia CL-56
- Lindberg 1/600 scale USS Vicksburg CL-86
These four accurate and highly detailed model turrets represent the four 6"/47 cal. Triple Turrets mounted specifically to USS Cleveland CL-55 and USS Columbia CL-56. These two ships’ turrets had bolt-on armored rangefinder hoods like the turrets of the preceding Brooklyn class. Turrets mounted to later Cleveland class ships had integrated rangefinder hoods, available separately.
- overall dimensions precisely scaled from scans of original builder's blueprints
- accurately shaped complex curvature
- open glacis gun ports
- armored rangefinder hexhead bolt and domed screw details
- detailed rooftop periscope
- turret bottoms are numbered for easy identification
- Turrets 1 and 4 located on the main deck have accurate access hatch and shell ejection ports on aft turret wall (superfiring Turrets 2 and 3 do not – access for Turrets 2 and 3 was made through the turret bottom overhang)
- Turret 4 does not have an integrated rangefinder
These scale model turrets are designed from scans of original builder’s blueprints. They are not 3D-printed copies of any resin or plastic model kit’s parts.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.