This model represents the shortened funnel of celebrated aircraft carrier USS Saratoga CV-3 as she appeared from August, 1944 through the end of the war, including night operations and the Battle of Iwo Jima where she was struck by five kamikazes and survived.
- fully assembled
- overall dimensions and shapes drawn from official US Navy Booklet of General Plans dated August, 1944, with minor adjustments to details to match photos of the actual ship
- proper elliptical shape, 01 level is wider aft
- correct compound curvature of the funnel cap roof (plastic kit manufacturers often get this shape wrong)
- funnel cap access hatches, properly sized and located
- open drying room vents just under the funnel cap
- access hatches for the fresh water tank (behind the Bofors tub under the director tub), properly sized and located
- open smoke pipes all the way through - properly sized, compartmented, sloped and positioned
- accurately shaped splinter shielding
- detailed, internal, twin 5"/38 Mount #7 barbette with open scuttles and properly positioned bulkheads, which will be visible through:
- open A/T doors, properly sized and positioned, ready for your favorite PE
- heavy structural deck supports, with open lightening holes
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.