This model represents the bridge tower of celebrated aircraft carrier USS Saratoga CV-3 as she appeared from August, 1944 through the end of the war, including night operations and the Battle of Iwo Jima where she was struck by five kamikazes and survived.
- fully assembled
- accurately dimensioned from US Navy Booklet of General Plans drawings
- detail locations confirmed by careful study of photographs of the actual ship
- signal deck extended aft for 1944-1945
- bulkhead and Mk. 37 Director stand details properly sized and located
- two venturis for 1944-45, one on the Flag Bridge and another on the Navigating Bridge
- exterior starboard side cable trunk for 1944-45
- open A/T doors, ready for your favorite photoetch, including an additional portside door and walkway for 1944-45
- portholes (airports) properly sized and located
- detailed interior barbette and associated bulkheads with open scuttles
- raised 2-1/2 meter rangefinder tub
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.