Recommended island to build USS Yorktown CV-5 from the classic 1/600 scale Aurora USS Enterprise CV-6 kit.
This accurately shaped and highly detailed model represents the 1942 appearance of the island of celebrated US Navy aircraft carrier USS Yorktown CV-5, veteran of the Battles of Coral Sea and Midway, where she was lost. Her wreck was discovered by Robert D. Ballard and his team from National Geographic in 1998.
- fully assembled
- overall dimensions accurately scaled from official US Navy plans drawn by Newport News Shipbuilding & Drydock Company, dated 1940
- details specific to USS Yorktown confirmed by careful study of builders plans, period photographs of the real ship and photos of the wreck
- open Pilot House windows
- open Fighting Top windows
- open Primary Flight Control "PriFly" windows
- open Battle Lookouts, aka "Vision Slits"
- open doors, ready for your favorite photo-etch (not included)
- accurately shaped decks
- accurately shaped splinter shielding and Pilot House sky lookout position shape unique to Yorktown
- properly shaped funnel cap with exterior piping detail
- properly sized and located 16" and 12" diameter portholes with rigol ("eyebrow") detail
- properly scale smokepipes passing through the entire island - forward smokepipe at the correct slope
- weather shelter
- heavy structural deck support details (light supports omitted, ready for your favorite photo-etch
- aft cutout for crane
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.