Set includes 10 mounts (turrets) for North Carolina class, South Dakota class and Iowa class fast battleships, and early Atlanta class light cruisers. No barrels.
For aircraft carriers, cruisers and reconstructed pre-war battleships, as well as late Atlanta class (Oakland class) light cruisers, choose 5"/38 cal. Mk.32 twin-gun mounts, available separately, which have a slightly different shape.
For Allen M. Sumner and Gearing class destroyers, choose 5"/38 cal. Mk.38 twin-gun mounts, available separately.
Among naval historians, the US Navy 5"/38 caliber gun is considered the best intermediate-caliber, dual purpose naval gun of World War II. Unlike later lighter-weight marks intended for aircraft carriers, re-built pre-war battleships, cruisers and destroyers, this set of 3D-printed models represents the earlier 76-ton "Mark 28" version of the twin mount, designed specifically for fast battleships and was mounted on ships of the North Carolina Class, South Dakota Class, and Iowa Class (Mod.0) as well as early Atlanta class light cruisers (identically shaped Mod.1).
- accurate dimensions scaled from official US Navy blueprints and confirmed by photos and measurements taken from actual Twin Mounts
- detailed armored viewfinder and rangefinder hoods
- slots for barrels (barrels not included - too fine to print)
- integrated trunnions set to +5 degrees (loading angle)
- crew access hatches and maintenance hatches with hinge and bolt-head details
- bolt-heads in accurate locations
- roof-top mount captain access hatch
These mounts are precisely scaled to match the dimensions of the real mounts as recorded in official Navy blueprints. They are not 3D-printed copies of any plastic model ship parts and therefore are likely to be differently shaped and sized than the mounts found in your plastic or resin kit. Some adjustment to your kit's parts or any aftermarket items such as photoetch railings may be necessary for best fit.
© Model Monkey LLC. This product may not be copied or recast.
- BB-55 USS North Carolina
- BB-56 USS Washington
- BB-57 USS South Dakota
- BB-58 USS Indiana
- BB-59 USS Massachusetts
- BB-60 USS Alabama
- BB-61 USS Iowa
- BB-62 USS New Jersey
- BB-63 USS Missouri
- BB-64 USS Wisconsin
- BB-65 USS Illinois (not completed)
- BB-66 USS Kentucky (not completed)
- early Atlanta class light cruisers