Set includes 3 turrets. No barrels.
- Niko Models 1/700 scale USS Canberra CAG-2
- Pit-Road 1/700 scale USS Baltimore CA-68 (1943)
- Pit-Road 1/700 scale USS Baltimore CA-68 (1944)
- Pit-Road 1/700 scale USS Pittsburgh CA-72 (1944)
- Trumpeter 1/700 scale USS Baltimore CA-68 (1943)
- Trumpeter 1/700 scale USS Baltimore CA-68 (1944) 2011 release
- Trumpeter 1/700 scale USS Baltimore CA-68 (1944) 2005 release
- Trumpeter 1/700 scale USS Pittsburgh CA-72 (1944)
This accurately shaped and highly detailed set represents the three 8 inch 55 caliber triple turret main battery of the US Navy's Baltimore class and Oregon City class heavy cruisers as they appeared during the Vietnam War-era.
World War Two-era turrets are available separately.
- designed according to official US Navy Bureau of Ordnance publication O.P. 1112 dated 15 January 1945
- accurate shape
- separate trunnion allows the modeler to set barrels to any realistic elevation from +41 degrees to -5 degrees just like the real turret (barrels not included)
- subtle, raised number on the inside of each turret to identify which is which
- roof-top antenna pedestal on Turrets 2 and 3
- detailed left-side rangefinder and rooftop viewfinder hoods
- accurately sized, positioned and numbered rangefinder hood bolt-head details
- blast bag (also known as "buckler" or "bloomer") attachment rings
- turret roof viewfinder hood doors correctly offset to the left
- subtle turret-side recesses representing the plated-under openings of the former World War Two-era rangefinders
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
Model Monkey 1/700 scale Baltimore class products:
- USS Saint Paul CA-73 Enclosed Bridges (1968)
- USS Los Angeles CA-135 Enclosed Bridges (1968)
- 8"/55 cal. Triple-gun Turrets, Vietnam War-era appearance
- 8"/55 cal. Triple-gun Turrets, World War Two-era appearance
- 5"/38 cal. Mk.32 Twin Mounts
- Mk.34 Directors and Mk.13 Radar Antennas
- Mk.37 Directors, early World War Two-era
- Mk.56 Directors