Set includes 4 turrets with barrels.
- Pit-Road 1/700 scale USS West Virginia BB-48 (1941)
- Trumpeter 1/700 scale USS West Virginia BB-48 (1941)
These models represent the original appearance of the 16"/45 caliber main battery of the Colorado class battleships USS Colorado BB-45, USS Maryland BB-46 and USS West Virginia BB-48. These turrets are suitable for all ships of the class including the never-commissioned USS Washington BB-47 prior to the addition of external vent trunks.
A set of late configuration turrets with external vent trunks is available separately.
USS West Virginia BB-48 had this early configuration on the morning of December 7th, 1941 while anchored at Pearl Harbor on "Battleship Row". West Virginia's turrets did not have external vent trunks like her sisters that day.
These 3D-printed acrylic parts are designed to accurately represent features of the real turret based on official US Navy drawings. These turrets are not 3D-printed copies of any plastic or resin kit's parts and therefore may be shaped and sized differently than those parts. Some adjustment to your kit's parts or other aftermarket parts such as photo-etch or wood decks may be necessary for best fit.
- accurately scaled from official US Navy drawings
- accurate shape - these are not Tennessee class turrets with two guns
- closed armored rangefinder viewport shutters
- subtle rooftop screwheads acurately sized, numbered and located
- armored rangefinder hexhead bolt and screw details
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.