Set includes 3 turrets with barrels.
Recommended to build the Scharnhorst class battleship Gneisenau from:
- HP-Models 1/700 scale Gneisenau (1942-1943)
- Tamiya 1/700 scale Scharnhorst Water Line Series
- Tamiya 1/700 scale Gneisenau Waterline Series
Recommended to help convert your 1/700 scale Scharnhorst or Gneisenau to Gneisenau as she would likely have appeared following reconstruction.
This set of 3 turrets represents the proposed 38 cm (15") main battery of the World War Two-era Deutsche Kriegsmarine battleship Gneisenau, more properly known as the Drh L C/34 mount with SK C/34 guns. It had been proposed to rearm the battleships of the Scharnhorst class with the same twin-gun turrets carried by battleships Bismarck and Tirpitz. Following severe damage to Gneisenau's bow in a bombing attack, work began to rearm the ship as part of the rebuilding but this work was never completed. Had the work proceeded as planned, Gneisenau would have emerged from the rebuilding with three of these turrets.
- overall dimensions scaled from Krupp factory drawings. The dimensions match drawings published in Anatomy of the Ship: The Battleship Bismarck by Jack Brower
- details confirmed by careful study of photographs of the real ships
- Turret "Anton", the forward-most turret on the ship, accurately has its rangefinder removed and the openings blanked. Turrets "Bruno" and "Caesar" have accurate armored rangefinders.
- accurately sized and positioned bolthead detail
- accurately shaped rangefinder and viewfinder shutters in closed positions
These model turrets were designed from official drawings of the real turrets. They are NOT a 3D-printed copy of any plastic or resin kit's parts therefore it may be sized and shaped differently than the parts in your plastic or resin kit. Some adjustment to your kit's parts or other aftermarket sets such as photo etch or wood decks may be needed for best fit.
© Model Monkey LLC. This product may not be copied or recast.
- 1/700 SL-8 Domed Rangefinders (set of 4)
- 1/700 10.5-meter and 6-meter Rangefinders - for Scharnhorst and Gneisenau
- 1/700 H-Klasse H-44 50.8 cm (20") Turrets with blast bags (set of 4)
- 1/700 Bismarck and Tirpitz 38 cm (15") Turrets with blast bags (set of 4)
- 1/700 Bismarck and Tirpitz 15 cm (5.9") Turrets with blast bags (set of 6)
- 1/700 Scharnhorst Admiral's Bridge (1943) - "The Battle of the North Cape"
- 1/700 Scharnhorst Turret "Bruno" Barbette with exterior vent trunks
- 1/700 Gneisenau 38 cm (15") Twin Turrets (set of 3) - planned post-reconstruction
- 1/700 Gneisenau Admiral's Bridge (1941) - "Operation Berlin"
- 1/700 Gneisenau Admiral's Bridge (1942) - "The Channel Dash"
- 1/700 Gneisenau Hangar (1941) - "Operation Berlin"
- 1/700 Gneisenau Hangar (1942) - "The Channel Dash"
- 1/700 DKM 160 cm Searchlights (set of 8)