Set includes 4 turrets with integrated barrels and blast bags.
This set of 4 model turrets represents the enormous 50.8 cm (20") main battery of the proposed H-43 and H-44 class battleships of the Deutsche Kriegsmarine.
There were several design proposals for "Schlachtschiff H" (Battleship H) beginning with "H-39" in 1939. The 1943 design, known as "H-43", and the 1944 design, known as "H-44" were the largest. Some sources indicate that only the H-44 design included 50.8 cm weapons. Noted naval historians Robert Garzke and William Dulin have stated 50.8 cm guns were considered for both H-43 and H-44 designs.
Since the actual ships and 50.8 cm guns and turrets were only theoretical design studies, never built, these 3D-printed models are speculative, with overall dimensions based on a proportional enlargement of the Krupp Drh L C/34 gunhouse (turret) of the Bismarck class battleships. The armored rangefinder hoods and periscopes are not enlarged, but identically sized duplicates of those of the Bismarck class turrets.
Turret dimensions (not including barrels):
- Length (front of glacis to rear wall): 30.4 mm
- Width (outer edge-to-outer edge of armored rangefinder hoods): 20.9 mm
- Apron diameter (disk on turret bottom that fits over the barbette): 23.0 mm
This model is an original design. It is NOT a 3D-printed copy of any plastic or resin kit's parts therefore it may be sized and shaped differently than the parts in your plastic or resin kit. Some adjustment to your kit's parts or other aftermarket sets such as photo etch or wood decks may be needed for best fit.
© Model Monkey LLC. This product may not be copied or recast.
- 1/700 SL-8 Domed Rangefinders (set of 4)
- 1/700 10.5-meter and 6-meter Rangefinders - for Scharnhorst and Gneisenau
- 1/700 H-Klasse H-44 50.8 cm (20") Turrets with blast bags (set of 4)
- 1/700 Bismarck and Tirpitz 38 cm (15") Turrets with blast bags (set of 4)
- 1/700 Bismarck and Tirpitz 15 cm (5.9") Turrets with blast bags (set of 6)
- 1/700 Scharnhorst Admiral's Bridge (1943) - "The Battle of the North Cape"
- 1/700 Scharnhorst Turret "Bruno" Barbette with exterior vent trunks
- 1/700 Gneisenau 38 cm (15") Twin Turrets (set of 3) - planned post-reconstruction
- 1/700 Gneisenau Admiral's Bridge (1941) - "Operation Berlin"
- 1/700 Gneisenau Admiral's Bridge (1942) - "The Channel Dash"
- 1/700 Gneisenau Hangar (1941) - "Operation Berlin"
- 1/700 Gneisenau Hangar (1942) - "The Channel Dash"
- 1/700 DKM 160 cm Searchlights (set of 8)