Recommended to help build the King George V class battleship HMS Duke of York during her British Pacific Fleet service in 1945 from:
- Matchbox 1/700 scale HMS Duke of York
- Revell 1/700 scale HMS Duke of York
- Tamiya 1/700 scale HMS King George V
- and more!
The handsome ships of the UK's World War II-era King George V class are among the last Royal Navy battleships. All had terrific service records. HMS Duke of York is best remembered for her part in the sinking of the German battleship Scharnhorst in December, 1943 off the northern coast of Norway. Like many warships, each ship of the class is slightly different in appearance.
These model funnels are intended to help convert your HMS King George V model kit to sistership HMS Duke of York as she appeared after her 1944-45 refit during her British Pacific Fleet service.
- extensive riveting detail
- funnel top pulley housings
- forward funnel:
- enlarged forward funnel platform for two twin-gun 20mm Oerlikon cannons (twin-gun Oerlikons not included)
- funnel ready service ammunition lockers
- heat barrier
- compartment doors
- rigols ("eyebrows") above portholes
- aft funnel:
- Oerlikon platform has an accurately asymmetrical shape when viewed from above
- integrated, open venturi (wind deflector)
- heat barrier
- detailed underside trunking and supporting structures with lightening holes
- funnel base omitted, please use your kit's funnel base
Thiese model funnels are optimized to fit Tamiya kits. For kits by other manufacturers, some minor adjustment of your plastic kit's parts may be necessary for best fit.
The extended platform on the forward funnel supported two electrically-operated, twin-gun 20mm Oerlikon cannon mounts. Twin-gun 20mm Oerlikon cannon mounts are available from Micro Master.
The extended platform on the aft funnel supported a single-gun 20mm Oerlikon cannon (not included).
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.