Set includes 8 directors.
This set represents the Mark 38 Main Battery Fire Control Director fit to last two Iowa class fast battleships, USS Missouri BB-63 and USS Wisconsin BB-64, as well as Alaska class large cruisers. Mk.38 directors were also intended to be installed aboard the planned-for but never built Montana class battleships.
This Mk.38 model's configuration represents the seven-sided "square back shield"-type as they appeared during World War Two.
- original, 6-sided configuration Mk.38 directors
- modernized, 1990s configuration Mk.38 directors
Please consult your references to know which type is correct for your model.
Mk.38 director features:
- accurately shaped viewfinder covers with hinge and hinge motor detail
- accurately shaped and located defroster covers with hinge detail
- accurately sized, numbered and located bolt-head details
- raised bases for handrails (handrails not included - use small diameter wire)
These 3D-printed models were designed from official US Navy drawings. They are scaled to match the dimensions of the real director. They are not 3D-printed copies of any plastic, wood, metal or resin kit's parts, therefore, they may be shaped and sized differently than the parts of your kit. Some adjustment to your plastic kit's parts or other aftermarket products such as photo-etch may be necessary for best fit.
Click here for cleaning and painting advice.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
- Academy 1/700 USS Missouri BB-63
- Blue Ridge Models 1/700 USS Montana BB-67
- Blue Ridge Models 1/700 USS Ohio BB-68
- Blue Ridge Models 1/700 USS Maine BB-69
- Fujimi 1/700 USS Missouri BB-63
- Imperial Hobby Productions USS Montana BB-67
- Monogram 1/700 USS New Jersey BB-62
- Monogram 1/700 USS Missouri BB-63
- Monogram 1/700 USS Wisconsin BB-64
- Samek 1/700 USS Alaska CB-1
- Samek 1/700 USS Guam CB-2
- Tamiya 1/700 USS Missouri BB-63
- Tamiya 1/700 USS New Jersey BB-62
- Trumpeter 1/700 USS Missouri BB-63
- Trumpeter 1/700 USS Wisconsin BB-64
- and more!