Set includes 4 directors.
This set represents the modernized configuratrion of the Mark 38 Main Battery Fire Control Director fit to Iowa class battleships. This Mk.38 model's configuration represents the seven-sided "square back shield"-type as they appeared in the 1990s.
- original, 6-sided shield configuration Mk.38 directors
- enlarged, 7-sided shield configuration Mk.38 directors
Please consult your references to know which type is correct for your model.
Mk.38 director features:
- accurately shaped viewfinder covers with hinge and hinge motor detail
- accurately shaped and located defroster covers with hinge detail
- accurately sized, numbered and located bolt-head details
- accurate director arm end detailing, specific to modernized directors - this is the significant difference between these directors and the World War Two-era directors.
- raised bases for handrails (handrails not included - use small diameter wire)
These 3D-printed models were designed from official US Navy drawings. They are scaled to match the dimensions of the real director. They are not 3D-printed copies of any plastic or resin kit's parts, therefore, they may be shaped and sized differently than the parts of your kit. Some adjustment to your plastic kit's parts or other aftermarket products such as photo-etch may be necessary for best fit.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.