- Blue Ridge Models 1/700 scale USS New Mexico BB-40 (1941)
- Blue Ridge Models 1/700 scale USS Mississippi BB-41 (1941)
- Blue Ridge Models 1/700 scale USS Idaho BB-42 (1941)
- Classic Warships 1/700 scale USS New Mexico BB-40 (1944)
- HP-Models 1/700 scale USS New Mexico BB-40 (1944)
- HP-Models 1/700 scale USS Mississippi BB-41 (1945)
- HP-Models 1/700 scale USS Idaho BB-42 (1945)
- MidShip Models 1/700 scale USS New Mexico BB-40 (1941)
- MidShip Models 1/700 scale USS Mississippi BB-41 (1941)
- MidShip Models 1/700 scale USS Idaho BB-42 (1941)
This set of three-gun turrets (more properly called "gunhouses") represents the enormous 14"/50 caliber main battery of battleships USS New Mexico BB-40, USS Mississippi BB-41 and USS Idaho BB-42. They are nearly identical to the gunhouses of the succeeding Tennessee class battleships, differing only in the shape of the armored rangefinder hoods.
These 3D-printed acrylic parts are designed to accurately represent features of the real turret based on official US Navy drawings. These turrets are not 3D-printed copies of any plastic or resin kit's parts and therefore may be shaped and sized differently than those parts. Some adjustment to your plastic or resin kit's parts or other aftermarket parts such as photoetch or wood decks may be necessary for best fit.
- accurately scaled from official US Navy Booklet of General Plans drawings of USS IdahoBB-42 and US Navy Ordinance Pamphlet 1112 dated January, 1945, with details adjusted to match photos of the real turrets
- accurately shaped gun openings with barrel rests
- closed armored rangefinder viewport shutters
- rooftop screwheads acurately sized, numbered and located
- armored rangefinder access cap screwhead detail
- bases for rooftop periscopes
- accurately sized and shaped ventilation trunks
- barrels grouped on a trunnion to allow the modeler to set the position of the barrels to any realistic elevation from +30 degrees to -5 degrees, just like the real turrets
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.