This set of turrets is temporarily out of stock pending a redesign to remove the overly fragile barrels at the end of the blast bags. Modelers are advised to use their own barrels, either from their Scharnhorst or Gneisenau kit, or other aftermarket brass barrels.
Set includes 4 turrets with barrels.
- HP-Models 1/700 scale Gneisenau (1942-1943)
- Tamiya 1/700 scale Scharnhorst Water Line Series
- Tamiya 1/700 scale Gneisenau Waterline Series
This set of turrets represents the 15 cm (5.9") secondary battery of the World War Two-era Deutsche Kriegsmarine battleships Scharnhorst and Gneisenau. They were also intended to be installed aboard the proposed H-klasse super-battleships and proposed M-klasse cruisers. The turrets are properly known as the SK C/28.
- overall dimensions scaled from Krupp factory drawings. The dimensions match drawings published in Anatomy of the Ship: The Battleship Bismarck by Jack Brower
- details confirmed by careful study of photographs of the real ships
- integrated blast bags (bloomers)
- accurately sized and positioned bolthead detail
These model turrets were designed from official drawings of the real turrets. They are NOT 3D-printed copies of any plastic or resin kits' parts therefore they may be sized and shaped differently than the parts in your plastic or resin kit. Some adjustment to your kit's parts or other aftermarket sets such as photo-etch may be needed for best fit.
Note: the barrels are very thin and fragile. Caution is recommended when handling.
© Model Monkey LLC. This product may not be copied or recast.