Set includes 4 turrets with separate trunnions ("barrel sleeves"). No barrels.
- Dragon 1/700 scale USS Arizona BB-39 (1941)
- Hobby Boss 1/700 scale USS Arizona BB-39 (1941)
- Mini Hobby Models 1/700 scale USS Arizona BB-39 (1941)
- and more!
These scale Triple 14 inch/45 caliber Gun Turrets are designed for models of the Pennsylvania class battleship USS Arizona BB-39. These model turrets were patterned from Bureau of Ordnance drawing O.P. 1112 (2nd Revision) dated January 15,1945 as well as drawings by Alan B. Chesley modified to match photos of the actual turrets.
- accurately dimensioned gunhouse and barrel length acording to US Navy O.P 1112
- detailed rangefinder hoods with closed viewports
- correct number and position of barbette apron gusset plates
- to-scale thickness of glacis
- properly shaped gun openings
- correctly shaped buckler (bloomer/blastbag) attachment collars on glacis
- separate trunnions to permit the modeler to use his or her own brass barrels and set them to any realistic elevation (brass barrels not included)
- trunnion accurately positioned within the gunhouse according to US Navy O.P. 1112 providing a correct distance to muzzle from the gunhouse
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.