Recommended to help build the Cold War-era Baltimore class heavy cruiser USS Los Angeles CA-135 from:
- Niko Models 1/700 scale USS Canberra CAG-2
- Pit-Road 1/700 scale USS Baltimore CA-68 (1943)
- Pit-Road 1/700 scale USS Baltimore CA-68 (1944)
- Pit-Road 1/700 scale USS Pittsburgh CA-72 (1944)
- Trumpeter 1/700 scale USS Baltimore CA-68 (1943)
- Trumpeter 1/700 scale USS Baltimore CA-68 (1944)
- Trumpeter 1/700 scale USS Pittsburgh CA-72 (1944)
These 3D-printed parts are intended to help you convert your World War Two-era Baltimore class heavy cruiser model kit to USS Los Angeles CA-135 as she appeared circa 1957-1959. It was during this time that the ship carried three SSM-N-8 Regulus missiles (not included).
The model includes a complete set of Mk.34, Mk.37 and Mk.56 fire control directors and Mk.13 radar antennas, enough for both the forward and aft superstructure.
This is not a complete conversion kit. These parts are designed to represent only the upper, forward superstructure of the ship. These parts include the enclosed navigation bridge, enclosed flag bridge, their associated decks, the open air defense platform, and the enlarged foremast. Some scratch-building will be necessary to complete the conversion. Please use your favorite photo-etch for any radar antenna. Photo-etch is not included.
Depending on which 1/700 Baltimore class model ship kit you have, minor to significant adjustment of the plastic kit parts may be necessary for best fit.
Assembly instructions are not provided with this model when shipped to you. Please study the images shown in the carousel on this webpage to learn where each part goes.
This model includes:
- two Mk.34 Directors
- two Mk.13 airfoil-shaped radar antennas
- two Mk.37 Directors
- four Mk.56 Directors
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
Model Monkey 1/700 scale Baltimore class products:
- USS Saint Paul CA-73 Enclosed Bridges (1968)
- USS Los Angeles CA-135 Enclosed Bridges (1968)
- 8"/55 cal. Triple-gun Turrets, Vietnam War-era appearance (click here)
- 8"/55 cal. Triple-gun Turrets, World War Two-era appearance
- 5"/38 cal. Mk.32 Twin Mounts
- Gun Tubs for 3"/50 cal. dual-gun mounts (set of 4)
- Mk.34 Directors and Mk.13 Radar Antennas (not needed if buying this product)
- Mk.37 Directors, early World War Two-era
- Mk.56 Directors (not needed if buying this product)