Set includes 2 twin-gun turrets and 2 triple-gun turrets, all with barrels.
- Blue Ridge Models 1/700 scale USS Oklahoma BB-37 (1941)
- HP-Models 1/700 scale USS Nevada BB-36 (1944)
- HP-Models 1/700 scale USS Oklahoma BB-37 (1941)
- Toms Modelworks 1/700 scale USS Nevada BB-36 (1945)
These models represent the 14"/45 cal. main battery turrets of the battleships USS Nevada BB-36 and USS Oklahoma BB-37 as they appeared from the mid-1930s through World War Two, including the attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7th, 1941. The Nevada class ships were fit with 2 twin-gun 14"/45 cal. turrets in superfiring positions and 2 triple-gun turrets just above the main deck.
- accurately dimensioned and scaled from official US Navy "Booklet of General Plans: USS Oklahoma BB-37" dated 21 August 1934
- details confirmed from careful study of photographs of the actual turrets
- properly shaped gun openings
- correctly shaped buckler (bloomer/blastbag) attachment collars on glacis
- bolthead and rooftop screwhead detail
- trunnion printed separately as one unit to permit the modeler to select any elevation from -5 degrees to +30 degrees, just like the real guns
- trunnion accurately positioned within the gunhouse according to US Navy O.P. 1112 providing a correct center of rotation
These 3D-printed parts are original designs, accurately representing features of the actual ship based on authoritative plans. They are not 3D-printed copies of plastic or resin kit parts and therefore may be shaped and sized differently. Some adjustment to your plastic or resin kit's parts or other aftermarket parts such as photo-etch or wood decks may be necessary for best fit.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.