Set includes 2 funnels.
- Aoshima 1/700 USS North Carolina BB-55
- Aoshima 1/700 USS Washington BB-56
- Trumpeter 1/700 USS North Carolina BB-55
- Trumpeter 1/700 USS Washington BB-56
This set of accurately shaped and detailed funnels is intended to replace the funnel parts of various USS North Carolina BB-55 and USS Washington BB-56 kits. When viewed from above, some of these kits' funnels are inaccurately teardrop-shaped. These 3D-printed acrylic funnels are correctly parallel-sided with a gently curving aft contour, just like the real funnels.
- open smoke pipes that pass entirely through the funnel
- accurate interior compartmentalization
- correctly shaped funnel cap
- steam pipe detail in the funnel top's service platform
These 3D-printed acrylic parts are designed to accurately represent features of the actual ship. Their overall dimensions were scaled to match drawings by Thomas F. Walkowiak, based on official US Navy drawings, available as part of USS North Carolina, WWII Battleship Memorial, Technical Reference 1 by Randall S. Shoker (click here).
These parts are not 3D-printed copies of any plastic or resin kit's parts and therefore may be shaped and sized differently than those parts. Some adjustment to your plastic kit's parts or other aftermarket parts such as photo-etch or wood decks may be necessary for best fit.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
Model Monkey 1/700 scale North Carolina class Products:
- North Carolina class Funnels (set of 2)
- 16"/45 cal. Turrets with Barrels (set of 3)
- 5"/38 cal. Mk.28 Twin Mounts (set of 10)
- Mk.38 Directors, original 6-sided shield (set of 8)